OK, so I am being very lazy today. Instead of posting some recipe I made or really anything to do with food I am posting a meme. Its just that I wanted to post and well I didn’t take a picture of the beautiful soup I made in 30 minutes last night for dinner. It really was good, a creamy more healthful version of cream of mushroom soup. Maybe I’ll make it again and post the pictures and the recipe. If you just can’t wait and don’t care about pictures just let me know and I will email it to you. But for now here we go!
Meme courtesy of Beth at So the Fish Said. If you don’t read her you totally should.
To play, answer the following five questions on your blog (or in the comments if you don’t have a blog). A link back to me so I can come read your answers would be awesome, that plus a note in the comments that you are doing it would be nice. When you post your answers, include the instructions that follow so you can then go interview your own readers.
1. Leave me a comment saying you want to be interviewed, or just take these questions and answer them on your blog or if you don’t have a blog the comments here. (read #2)
2. I’ll email you five questions. (most likely the same questions here because if you haven’t guessed it I am that lazy today)
3. You update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You offer to interview someone else in the same post.(or just spread the meme like me).
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. They will answer these questions.
Ok are we ready, do we all understand the rules? Put your hand down back there we are moving on!
1. Remember the movie Brewsters Millions? That happens to you, except on a smaller scale. You receive a million dollars that you must spend in 30 days. However, you cannot have any assets to show for the money at the end of the month (and you can’t buy something and then destroy it), you cannot waste the money, you cannot give it away, and you cannot tell anyone what you are doing. How do you ditch the dough in a month or less?
I would 1st pay off mine and my fiancé’s student loans. What it’s not asset really! Then we would travel, travel, travel! When I say travel I don’t mean stay at the Motel 6, I would live it up and stay at exclusive hotels, the suites that only the really rich get to stay at. And eat, a lot, at every restaurant that I cannot afford now but would love to try. I think I would also throw in that wedding thing. I am sure I could put together a nice intimate wedding in no time flat!
2. You are locked in a toy store overnight, with no way out until it reopens in the morning. What do you play with all night?
EVERYTHING!!!!! Seriously, why not you have the whole night right? I would touch every stuffed animal because I am obsessed with things that are soft; I would play with trucks and dolls, video games, legos, erector sets, and yes the Easy bake ovens; probably just long enough to get bored with everything. I would read the books, dance on that piano (we are at FAO Schwartz right!) until I passed out.
3. If you could have a dinner party with any three famous people, living or dead, you would be wasting your supernatural powers on hosting dinner parties. What would you do instead?
This is a hard 1 for me. I know 2 definitely, I would like to hang out with Anthony Bourdain and Julia Childs, I think that would be fun. I have always suspected that Julia was a blast to party with. As for the third famous person I really don’t know there are so many to choose from, maybe Billy Joel would make a nice addition to the crowd. I know I should pick based on me solely but I have to think of the company too, I wouldn’t want to put people together that would hate each other or have absolutely nothing in common. That would just suck. As for what we would do, not sure. Though in this case a dinner party would not be a bad idea, I think more so we would go out on the town, which town, not sure but I am guessing where ever we went Tony would be a good guide, though I wouldn’t let Billy drive.
4. What’s the best thing since sliced bread? Now, sliced bread ain’t all that impressive, so what’s the best mediocre, hum-drum improvement or advancement that has made modern life just ever so slightly more convenient for humanity, along the lines of saving yourself five seconds every time you want a piece of bread.
Gee this one is tuff. I mean there are so many its hard to pick just 1. We are a gadget house big time. We have laptops, a mini computer hooked up to the TV, video game consoles, smart phones, not so smart phones. In the kitchen I am pretty basic, I don’t have the storage for the Jack Lalane Juicer but if I did.. oh never mind. Anyway, the number 1 convenience gadget….. besides my laptop which I am totally addicted to and yes it makes my life so very much more convenient but, since this IS a food blog after all so I think I would have to go with my stick blender. I use it for everything, and it has attachments that I use just as much. I whip that thing out at least once a day, usually several.
5. What’s your best quality? The response to this question must be a simple declarative statement. You may elaborate on that statement, provided that your elaboration does not include the words “but,” “however,” or “although,” or any other hedging, equivocating, back-sliding, gerrymandering (which is not at all appropriate in this context, but I think it should be, don’t you?) or any other type of backing down from the simple declarative statement with which you began your response.
I can learn. I am a good learner, and a fairly quick learner; I pick up on things pretty well. Plus I love to learn. Well that and I think I have great hair, nice eyes and good teeth but I don’t think that is what the question was going for.
Ok, now you! Don’t forget to link back so that I can go a read all your lovely answers! Have a Happy Wednesday.